India is a country of celebrations and festivals. If you are planning to visit this country, we advise you to visit it during a cultural or religious festival.
Religious festivals such as the festival of colors Holi, large cattle fairs such as the Pushkar Fair, and commemorations still punctuate daily life in India. The subcontinent offers its visitors various colorful festivals & fairs.
While visiting north India, take part in the festival of colors in the streets of Mathura & Vrindavan; visit the decorated markets during the festival of lights, Diwali, in Jaipur, and experience the tribal markets during Bastar Dashhera in Orissa.
Discover South India from another angle with processions of colorful palanquins or singular ritual dances in the temples.
Our tours during Indian festivals & fairs are adorned with wonderful colors, irresistible sounds, and exhilarating scents that charms visitors from all over the world.
• Holi Festival in the streets of Mathura and Vrindavan.
• Hola Mohalla festival with the Sikhs in Anandpur Sahib.
• Explore the Pooram festival at Thrissur also known as the elephant festival in Kerala.
• Take part in the Pongal festival in Tamil Nadu.
• Visit the RathaYatra at Puri in Orissa.
• Visit the decorated markets of Pink City Jaipur during the Festival of Lights, Diwali.
• The city of Pushkar and its world-famous cattle fair.
• The Sonepur cattle fair in Patna, Bihar, and its elephant market.
• Hornbill festival with the tribes of Nagaland.
• Ganesh festival in Mumbai.
• Gangaur procession in vibrant & colorful markets of Jaipur.
Round the year there are fairs & festivals in India.
Contact our travel designers to create a trip around a festival or fair to explore India differently.
I am Rajendra Singh. I was born in Udaipurwati, a small village in the Shekhawati Region in Rajasthan. From a young age, I was attracted to traveling as my parents took me to several places in India.
After completing my studies at Rajasthan University in history and tourism. I started working in different travel agencies as Indian travel designer. During all these working years, I gathered extensive knowledge about travel places in India.
After working for about 10+years for several renowned tour operators, I decided to start my own tour operator India Travel Etc in the year 2006. Since then I have designed more than 10,000+ tours for about more than 25000+ travelers around India.
Be it a Rajasthan Tour or a tour to South India, I will prepare for you a customized tour in India which will make you discover the myths and mysteries of India.